Bush Nook is committed to ensure an appropriate accommodation service for prospective guests with disabilities. Due to the layout of the building, we do lack facilities for guests with severe mobility limitations but we do offer alternatives in our service to make Bush Nook as accessible as we can. We welcome any enquiries from guests with disabilities so we can discuss their needs and all reasonable attempts will be made to meet these.
- Enquiries using email and fax are available as an alternative for the hearing impaired.
- Assistance (Guide & Hearing) dogs are welcome in all areas with prior notice.
- All guest bedrooms are fitted with smoke detectors.
- The fire alarm in the barn annex is audible only.
- When checking in please advise us if you need assistance in the event of an emergency.
- If a guest needs help filling in a registration card please inform us.
- Emergency information can be communicated verbally on request.
- The nearest train station is 5 miles away in Haltwhistle town centre.
- There are two small taxi firms near the train station; alternatively, the bus stop is adjacent to the station and a number 185 or 685 bus stops near Bush Nook depending on the time of day.
- Haltwhistle and Brampton town centre’s are about 5 miles away and a 185 bus can be caught about 400 yards away.
- Both have shops and these include a chemist, small super market, several banks with ATMs as well as other shops. There is a 24 hour petrol station with a small Spar supermarket selling limited supplies of essentials on the A69 about 2 miles away in the direction of Brampton.
- Taxis can be booked for guests but guests are advised that there will be a minimum charge as the nearest is 5 miles away.
- Assistance with luggage is available.
- All rooms have remote control digital TV which also incorporates radio reception.
- All rooms have hot beverage facilities with a variety of teas, coffee & herbal infusion available.
- Mobile phone coverage is average for most networks except Vodaphone which is poor.
- Our breakfast and dinner menus can be available in large print, with prior arrangement and/or can be described verbally.
- Most special dietary requirements can be catered for with advanced notification.
- People with nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the kitchen.
- All areas of Bush Nook and gardens are non smoking.
- All guest bedrooms are en-suite.
- We recommend people with limited mobility do not stay at the Bush Nook alone.
Pre – Arrival Parking Facilities
- Bush Nook has parking spaces for up to six (6) vehicles. There is no designated disabled parking bay.
Main Entrance / Reception
- Bush Nook entrance has a small step up from the car park area.
- The entrance is into a tiled porch and then into the carpeted hallway which leads to the dining room and other guest areas. This is all on the same level.
- There are two chairs and a small table in the porch with space leading to the hallway.
- There is a toilet/washroom for guest use off the hall. There are two steps up to a small landing area and then two steps down. The floor covering is non slip linoleum.
- The porch is lit with natural light as well as with electric low energy lighting.
- Bush Nook has no ground floor bedrooms in the main house. There is a ground floor apartment in the barn annex which is accessed from the car park and is all on the same level. Guests are requested to ask for further details of this accommodation when booking.
The car park is a courtyard layout with a gravel area for approximately five/six cars with a tarmac area immediately in front of the barn annex.
The ground floor apartment is accessed by a doorway from courtyard with a small lintel step. The apartment is all on one level. There is additional access to the apartment from the rear side of the building. Access is either along a graded path or a flight of stone steps. There is a flight of stone and wooden steps up the outside of the building with wooden and metal handrail leading to additional bedrooms. This access would be inappropriate for anyone with mobility issues.
There are three bedrooms in this area. One double, one single and one twin bedded room. All rooms have en-suite baths with overhead showers.
Dining Room/Lounge Areas
- The dining room is on the same level as the reception and lounge areas.
- There are three tables in the dining room. Two seat four people whilst a larger extendable table can seat up to eight guests. All furniture is moveable.
- The dining room and small quiet room leading off the dining room are on the same level and have carpeted floors. The conservatory which also leads off the dining room and is on the same level has a solid wooden floor with cane furniture. Leading from the conservatory through double doors is the garden, patio area and raised deck area. There is a small step down to the patio area and garden.
All service in the dining room is table service including breakfast where there is also a self help display of cereal, fruits and yoghurt.
At Bush Nook we offer a bar service in our dining room and lounge areas. Drinks are served to our guests either at their dining table or in the guest lounge areas.
- Bush Nook does not have a lift. The staircase in the main house has a single banister rail.
- Guest bedrooms have either a double bed, twin beds or single beds.
- All of our bedrooms have natural day light as well as ceiling spotlights & bedside lights.
- All bedding/pillow protectors and pillows are hypo allergenic. We do not provide feather duvets or pillows.
- All bedrooms have individually controlled heating.
- All en-suite bathrooms are fitted with non slip flooring.
- For guest comfort extra blankets and pillows are available on request.
We do hope all our guests have a comfortable stay with us at Bush Nook. With this in mind we do ask people, before they book, to discuss any issues with us, whether it is about access, special dietary requirements or anything else they may be concerned about.